TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS –
These Terms and Conditions may be subject to change at any time and will become binding, with or without notification by Northern Bass (NB).
Terms and conditions for the purchase of tickets will be available at the time of purchase through the Ticket Fairy sales page. If in the event Ticket Fairy terms and conditions do not match the festival terms, or do not specify an answer, the festival terms will apply.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Northern Bass will follow, and require ticket holders to follow, any updated requirements without further notice to ticket holders.
- By purchasing tickets for Northern Bass you are agreeing to abide by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions apply in full to all areas of the festival including the stage areas, carpark areas, camp grounds, any immediately adjacent entry roads and bus stops.
- Violating these conditions of entry may result in denial of entry, immediate ejection, or referral to New Zealand police if appropriate. If you are denied entry or ejected because you have not adhered to these Terms and Conditions, no refund will be provided.
- Northern Bass is a strictly R18 event and in accordance with New Zealand liquor licensing laws we will only permit entry with current, valid photo identification as listed below. It is the ticket holder’s responsibility to ensure they have the correct ID. Northern Bass will refuse entry to those without acceptable ID and will not provide refunds should the ticket holder be refused entry. Acceptable forms of identification are limited to the following ONLY:
- Current HAINZ 18+ ID Card
- Current Kiwi Access Card
- Current New Zealand Drivers Licence
- Current Passport
- If changes are made to New Zealand’s liquor licensing laws or regulations, these conditions of entry will subsequently be updated.
- Intoxicated persons will not be granted entry to the festival.
- All attendees on-site must comply with all official directives in the event of emergency evacuations or situations.
- There is no camping in any vehicles on site, including in the carpark. The only vehicles permitted to be used for accommodation are in the campervan area, holding a valid campervan pass. The vehicles in the campervan area can not be moved during the event.
- Those believed to be attempting to go against official terms and conditions, or assisting others in breaking these conditions of entry (including admittance of those without valid tickets or wristbands) will be denied access to the site, and referred to the New Zealand Police if required.
- All attendees on-site must have a valid form of admittance, which must constitute one of the following forms (but not limited to):
- Valid attendee wristband accreditation once on-site
- Valid authorised NB accreditation
- Wristbands and other forms of accreditation on-site are issued for the entire event (unless otherwise stated) and designed to be secure and non-removable (without destroying the wristband). Any attempts by attendees to manipulate or interfere with their wristbands will be construed as an attempt to contravene these conditions of entry, and may result in denial of entry, immediate ejection.
- Any persons attempting to enter the festival without a valid event ticket or wristband, or without using the official entrances will be subject to a trespass order that will be in effect for 2 years. Those issued with a trespass notice may also be permanently banned for all future Northern Bass or Fuzen events.
- In cases where there is a valid reason (at the discretion of Northern Bass) why the wristband has been damaged or removed, the right is reserved to charge for a replacement wristband.
- All attendees must comply with the directives of Northern Bass staff and contractors. Failure to do so may result in denial of entry, immediate ejection, or referral to New Zealand police if deemed appropriate.
- Attempts to damage property of other attendees, or of Northern Bass will result in denial of entry, immediate ejection, or referral to New Zealand police if deemed appropriate. Additionally, attempts will be made to recover costs if appropriate.
- By attending these events you are providing permission to be filmed, photographed or used in any promotional material by Northern Bass and/or festival partners. This includes overhead drone footage. Northern Bass has no obligation to notify you when using these images for any purpose at any time.
- Northern Bass take no responsibility for personal items mislaid, lost or stolen on-site. You must look after your own property with care.
- Northern Bass is an open-air event in rural and coastal area. Be prepared for all weather conditions and ensure you bring some warm and wet weather clothing. Entry is at the attendee’s own risk and attendees assume that there may be risks inherent in admission to the venue. Northern Bass will not be held responsible in the event of any injury, loss or damage sustained entering the venue, including damage to private vehicles brought on-site or adjacent car-parking facilities.
- It is strictly forbidden to walk along designated bus and state highway areas between Northern Bass and other areas. This practice is extremely dangerous for the individual, buses and other traffic, and may result in immediate removal of festival wristband or referral to the New Zealand police.
- If at any point you feel that you or others’ health or safety is threatened, you should contact the nearest Northern Bass staff member, security guard or Police Officer for assistance. Sexual harassment, bullying or any type of unwanted behaviour is not tolerated.
- Any attempts to misrepresent oneself as a member of security, staff, or other personnel through the use of high-visibility clothing or making statements as such will be considered a serious offence and the party will be immediately ejected from the event, without refund.
- No forms of sexual harassment be it verbal or physical, nor any discriminatory act including homophobia, racism, transphobia, sexism or other activity that harms another will be tolerated at the festival.
- Northern Bass will not permit the entry of attendees who break any conditions of entry and will eject those who break these rules at their discretion without warning, with no refunds provided. Items deemed to be in violation of these conditions of entry will be confiscated and not returned.
- These conditions of entry are:
- No anti-social or threatening behaviour to other festival attendees or staff, or behaviour deemed to be in violation of the intent of these terms and conditions.
- No misrepresentation as a member of staff or security, or attempt to enter restricted areas.
- No construction or attempts to do so of any form of fire, bonfire or naked flame.
- No animals.
- No use of illicit drugs or illegal substances.
- No attempt to bring into the venue any of the following items (but not limited to):
- Prohibited items include:
- Gang patches or gang affiliated clothing
- Any forms of glass, including glass containers and/or drinking vessels. A limited number of small personal toiletry bottles will be allowed.
- BBQs or other cooking equipments
- Material to construct fires or weapons
- Other dangerous items
- Strictly no aerial drones will be allowed on the festival site.
- For safety reasons, we do not permit any mallets or hammers on site.
- Any prohibited items that are confiscated will not be returned.
- Attendees must allow authorised personnel to search their vehicles, clothes, bags, containers or other possessions for items in violation of these conditions of entry. Authorised personnel includes any member of NZ Police.
- Participating in dangerous activities such as aggressive dancing, stage diving, crowd surfing or climbing may result in denial of entry, immediate ejection, or referral to New Zealand Police if deemed appropriate.
- Intoxicated persons will not be granted entry to any Northern Bass bus services.
- No person without a valid Northern Bass festival ticket or wristband will be granted entry to Northern Bass bus services.
- No prohibited items (including alcohol and glass) can be taken on to the Northern Bass bus services.
TICKET REFUNDS, SALES AND EXCHANGE
- Northern Bass has a strict ‘No Refunds’ policy.
- Northern Bass is an all-weather event, and will not be cancelled in the event of adverse weather. Efforts will be made to adjust for adverse weather where possible.
- In the event that the festival is postponed for any reason, all tickets will remain valid for the new date. Details will be communicated on how to request a refund should the ticket holder not be able to attend the new date.
- In the event of full cancellation, ticket refunds will be made available by request from the point of purchase. If available, transfers to future events may also be offered. Communication about the changes will be sent to ticket holders via Ticket Fairy (to the email the ticket was purchased under). Tickets are subject to a cancellation fee. Tickets purchased privately or not from NB official ticketing platform are not eligible for refunds.
- Tickets purchased for Northern Bass are for the event, not for specific artists or acts. We reserve the right to withdraw, replace or substitute acts, and make changes to the program and /or timetabling where required. No refunds will be provided if an act is changed, cancelled or length or content of the performance changed or truncated.
- Tickets may not be used as part of promotional giveaways, or contests, sweepstakes or in exchange for service unless with the express written consent of Northern Bass.
- Tickets can only be sold through Ticket Fairy at a time to be decided by Northern Bass. All tickets will be named tickets, that must match the name of the ID of the person presenting the ticket at the festival entry. Any resale tickets must be sold via TIcket Fairy Resale. Tickets that have not been resold correctly through Ticket Fairy Resale will not be valid and the “purchaser” of the invalid ticket will not be entitled to entry to the festival or support in obtaining any refund.
- The Ticket Fairy Resale system will be enabled for a ticket type once a ticket type sells out. The ticket space is then offered for purchase those registered on the waiting list. Direct Resale (when you choose who to sell a ticket to) will be open for a short window in mid December, to be advised by Northern Bass.
- Resale tickets are subject to a fee.
- Northern Bass is not obligated to resell your ticket, the resale system is the designated method to safely sell a valid ticket to the event, not a “buy back” scheme or guaranteed sale.
- Tickets purchased, with a sale completed on any other platform (Viagogo, Tixel, Trade Me) are not valid.
- If the amount paid for a ticket is incorrect regardless of whether it was an error in price or otherwise communicated, Northern Bass reserves the right to cancel that ticket and refund the amount paid. This will apply regardless of whether it was a human error or system malfunction.
- Tickets won as prizes, or gifted (comp tickets) cannot be transferred to any other person. If the named holder cannot attend the event the ticket becomes void.
- Any person seen to be selling, or attempting to sell, a ticket at more than face value will have all tickets under their name blocked from resale. The festival organiser reserves the right to then either cancel, refund or permanently block from resale any number of tickets under the offender’s name or email address. Any refund of the tickets is at the discretion of the festival organisers and will incur a cancellation and administration fee.
- Tickets for Northern Bass can only be listed for resale via Ticket Fairy Resale. Fees apply. Cut off for Resale is 12pm of the day it becomes valid (ie 12pm on 29 Dec for a 3 Day ticket).
- In the event of a refund of any sort, the service fee component or other administrative charges in purchasing / delivering the ticket will not be refunded. Refunds will be subject to a refund admin fee.
- The bus service provided to Northern Bass, with the service and frequency of said service subject to the availability of buses, drivers and the application of all related transportation laws. All services are subject to delays impacted by the traffic and other delays caused by the public. Northern Bass takes no responsibility for attendees failing to make the events by missing buses, or being ejected from buses or denied their use due to damage, intoxication or other unruly behaviour. In this event Northern Bass will not provide a refund and will refer the person to the appropriate authorities if required.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email after submitting payment information, or if you experience an error message or service interruption after submitting payment information, it is your responsibility to confirm whether or not your order has been placed by contacting Ticket Fairy. Only you may be aware of any problems that may occur during the purchase process. Northern Bass will not be responsible for losses if you assume that an order was not placed because you failed to receive confirmation.
- Northern Bass will not be held liable if customers purchase additional or unwanted tickets or add ons and it is the responsibility of customers to be sure they have selected the appropriate tickets and add ons.
- By purchasing tickets for others through your ticket agent account, it is the responsibility of the account holder to ensure that the correct information is completed on all tickets. Northern Bass will not be responsible for any costs incurred if customers do not enter the correct details during the process, for any reason. When allowing others to purchase a ticket for you, you acknowledge that ticket is the property of the account holder, regardless of any external financial arrangements between you.
- By purchasing ticket/s you declare that they will not be passed onto any person/s under the age of 18 years.
- Tickets purchased as part of a package can’t be sold separately. In the event of upgrading, downsizing tickets, the customer may be required to re-purchase their desired ticket and resell their old ticket. Fees apply.
THIRD PARTY VENDORS
- Northern Bass is a cashless venue, and all transactions and purchases with vendors are undertaken by RFID. By using any third party vendors on-site, including but not limited to ticket agents, RFID technologies, or other vendors associated with Northern Bass you are agreeing to abide by their terms and conditions and any associated responsibilities.
- Northern Bass will not be held responsible for the actions of third party retailers, or provide refunds in the event of a dispute.
OTHER RELEVANT TERMS
- The names ‘Northern Bass ’ and ‘NB’ are registered trademarks and may not be used unless explicit written consent is provided by Northern Bass or Fuzen.
- Pictures and content contained on our websites is also the property of Northern Bass and may not be duplicated or used without our written and explicit consent.
- When using the Northern Bass website (or any other websites associated with Northern Bass including the ticketing agent website) and therefore agreeing to the sites terms and conditions, you are permitting Northern Bass to collect the personal information provided in your ticket purchase.
- By purchasing an event ticket, you agree that Northern Bass may contact you in future for customer feedback, marketing and other events. You will be provided the option to unsubscribe from this service.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK:
You acknowledge and agree the following:
- You are voluntarily attending Northern Bass with full knowledge of the risks of, and dangers associated with, your attendance at Northern Bass, and you knowingly and freely assume and accept full responsibility for all such risks, even if arising from the negligence of Northern Bass.
- Your attendance at Northern Bass includes the risk (among other things) of possible exposure to, and the risk of possible illness and possible death arising from or in connection with, COVID-19.
- Northern Bass, its related bodies corporate and the property or site owner associated with Northern Bass (and their directors, officers, employees, contractors, staff, shareholders, volunteers, and agents, partners and sponsors (past, present and future)) (together the “Released Parties”), will not be responsible for any liability, costs, expenses, damages, claims or demands of whatever kind or nature, personal injury (including death), illness, loss or damage to property, economic loss, out-of-pocket expenses or other loss whatsoever which you, your successors and permitted assigns, next of kin and/or legally appointed or designated representatives, may have or which may accrue on your behalf, directly or indirectly arising in connection with or suffered as a result of your attendance at Northern Bass, whether in law or in equity, (including in respect of any first aid, treatment, or service administered in connection with your attendance at Northern Bass), regardless of whether any such injuries or losses are caused by the negligence of any of the Released Parties (together, “Liability”).
RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE AND INDEMNITY:
You unconditionally release, waive and discharge, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Released Parties from any and all Liability and you unconditionally agree to indemnify (and hold harmless) the Released Parties in respect of all such Liability.